According to Rules and Regulations of the Exchange, the following days are stated as trading holidays for the calendar year 2012. We have also given details whether the holidays would be full or part holidays.
Trading Holidays of the Exchange (MCX and NCDEX) during the Calendar Year 2012
|Sr. No.||Particulars||Date||Days||Morning Session(10:00 am to 5:00 pm)||Evening Session(5:00 pm to 11:30 /11:55 pm)|
|1||Republic Day||Thursday, January 26, 2012||Thrusday||Closed||Closed|
|2||Mahashivratri||Monday, February 20, 2012||Monday||Closed||Open|
|3||Mahavir Jayanti||Thursday, April 05, 2012||Thursday||Closed||NA|
|4||Ambedkar Jayanti||Saturday, April 14, 2012||Saturday||Closed||Open|
|5||Good Friday||Friday, April 27, 2012||Friday||Closed||Closed|
|6||Budha Purnima||Sunday, May 06, 2012||Sunday||Closed||Open|
|7||Independence Day||Wednesday, August 15, 2012||Wednesday||Closed||Closed|
|8||Ramzan ID (Id-Ul-Fitr)||Monday, August 20, 2012||Monday||Closed||Open|
|9||Ganesh Chaturthi||Wednesday, September 19, 2012||Wednesday||Closed||Open|
|10||Mahatma Gandhi Jayanthi||Tuesday, October 02, 2012||Tuesday||Closed||Open|
|11||Dassera / Vijaya Dashami||Wednesday, October 24, 2012||Wednesday||Closed||Open|
|12||Bakri ID||Saturday, October 27, 2012||Saturday||Closed||Open|
|13||Diwali (Laxmi Pujan)*||Tuesday, November 13, 2012||Tuesday||Closed||Muhurat Trading|
|14||Gurunanak Jayanti / Guru Nanak Jayanthi||Wednesday, November 28, 2012||Wednesday||Closed||Open|
* Muhurat Trade Timings, on this holiday, shall be notified subsequently.
- Revised BSE and National Stock Exchange India (NSE) Trading Timings 2011
- Forex Vs. Stocks Trading: What Are Their Advantages And Disadvantages?
- Updated List of Income Tax Deductions Allowed in the AY 2011 and 2012
- List Of Best Hedge Funds in Indian Financial Market 2011 – 2012?
- How to Do Intraday Trading With ICICI Direct and Sharekhan In India